It has been a while since my last post, but there hasn't been much going on in the land of my dollhouse. I was out of town over the July 4th weekend visiting my daughter, and other than that I've just been steadily plugging away at my painting job.
Speaking of which....
I have finished painting all the spindles and have gotten the railings glued together! Wooohoo!!
You may remember me talking about paint pen issues regarding the balcony trim. I finally found a pen that wouldn't explode all over me/the balcony while in use.
I used the garnet color for the center of the flower, and "gilded" everywhere else. I really like the way it's turned out! Here's a shot of the balcony with the trim glued on (propped up on a balcony railing so you can get a better view of it):
Next up: finishing the paint job on the corbels.