Another Mini Treasure and Shingles... Lots and Lots of Shingles

Last week I got the cutest little baby hippocampus from Kelly at this Etsy store.

She is pretty much the most adorable little thing, and of course has inspired the theme for another of my future projects.

Yes, yes... I have lots of future projects in the works. I'm sure I'll get to them *one day*.

But back to her, I've decided she'll live in a cute little windswept cottage by the sea, along with other oceanic creatures that are sure to swim/flop/ooze their way into my life. Until then, she'll live in the Tuscan room box (which may or *may not be another unfinished project. Ahem).

And, just to prove that I'm not completely neglecting all of my past (i.e., in the works) projects, here is proof:
Shingling... shingling... I'm shingling... it would go a lot faster if I didn't have to cut the angle around the little dormer protrusion, but I'm really taking my time so I don't kick myself for rushing through it and not matching it up perfectly in the end. Of course this means I'm blowing through 3-5 shingles with each cutting attempt, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

Just probably not this week.

I've even started decorating for Christmas! Err.. sort of.

Believe it or not, the poinsettia was actually made with stained gar scales (as in the creepy fish with horribly nasty teeth). I'll add more greenery as soon as I can find some. I'm on the hunt for lycopodium so I can also make garlands and wreaths.

And next week, I'm sure to have fabulous tales of my first ever Tom Bishop show in Houston coming up this weekend! I've heard his shows are amazing, and since the only one I've ever been to is the Texas Miniature Showcase here in Dallas, I hope to be spectactularly blown away.

We shall see. :)

Comments

  1. She sure is a gorgous little creature ;) And it look like your building wonderful homes for her to visit!

    Best of luck in the wonderful world of little things, my fist big show certainly blew my mind...and my wallet..and my feet..;P
    Hugs~J

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Miniature Floral Arrangements

Life

Hello!