Macabre Mansion - The Newest Addition

I do believe I am officially addicted. Or, quite possibly a compulsive-psychotic hoarder, at the very least.


I just bought a new dollhouse kit!

Yes, yes, I know... I haven't finished Whitebrush Manor, nor have I completed all of the projects I'd like to do to the McKinley, and let's not EVEN get started on the two kits under the guest bed that we haven't talked about yet.

Let's just talk about this one:


The Orchid, another kit from Greenleaf!

You might wonder why I'm so flipping excited about this kit. The retail price at Hobby Lobby was $29.99, and I had their 40% off coupon which brought the grand total to about $19.

Not a fortune, and certainly not the collectible piece like Whitebrush Manor.

But still, I can't wait to start working on this house!

Some of you know that I really like am obsessed with Halloween. Need proof? Here are a few pictures of the Halloween party we had last year (or the year before? after a while they all start running together):

 
I may have gone *slightly* overboard with the cobwebs, but great fun was had by all, and that's a win.

So, continuing my love/obsession with this pagan holiday, I have decided to turn this house into a witch's cottage!

Let's get real. I mean, take a look at this trim! It's screams spider-webby haunted evilness!
I also recently did some browsing on Etsy and found this fabulous magazine. Karma! It was love at first sight, and I have decided that the platform for this dollhouse will be expanded enough to add this frightfully fun greenhouse and disgusting scum pond.


My sweet, patient, wonderful hubby is starting to get nervous (and maybe somewhat twitchy) about the space that my current hobby is taking over the front of the house. I'm going to need to find a way to contain my houses.

Or maybe I just need to practice "personal containment". We shall see.

I have no idea when I will begin, but it will be amazing. I just know it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miniature Floral Arrangements

Hello!

Life