Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!

Apologies for length between postings. Of course there was the hustle and bustle of the holidays, then our cat got sick and we had to put her down. This was tough... she's been a beloved member of our family for 15 years. Then, three weeks later (and over Christmas), I came down with the flu.

Not our best Christmas ever, but I am confident that 2015 will be good to us.

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not big on New Year's resolutions. I figure if there's something important enough to change in your life, why wait for one certain day of the year?

That said, there are a few things I'd like to focus on this year. In no order of importance, here are a few I've thought of off the top of my head:
  • I'd like to get Whitebrush Manor's interior walls padded, exterior wall cracks repaired, and the roof on and shingled.
  • Re-paint the exterior of the Farmhouse, pad the interior, electrify, and build the porch railings, balcony and greenhouse. Maybe even finish out the interior, depending on how much I'm biting off with my list.
  • Take a Rik Pierce class.
  • Related to the last item, I'd like to become more proficient with scratch builds using paper clay techniques learned from Rik.
  • Focus on my Etsy store... specifically by coming up with fresh ideas and new items to sell.
  • Learn to work with polymer clay. I've dabbled here and there, but not to any great extent.
  • Continue running. I've really enjoyed going out for long runs while preparing for the half-marathon I did last month, and I'd like to keep it up.
What about the rest of you? Are there any goals you have that closely mirror mine? Or are you going off on a completely different direction with your mini-ing (or other hobbies)?

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a blessed, safe and prosperous New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment